It's already connected to the drains. All you have to do is turn the
faucet on all the way to hot & let it run for a while.

On 1/19/2014 8:06 PM, Jeffery Johnson wrote:
The hot water heater is under the house so no way to connect it to drain
out into the drain unless we do it directly by taking off one of the
clean off values on the pipes.

City so luckily no septic tank system to deal with.