Something to be very proud of ! Congrats.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Mann" <dmann...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: PESO: Race Ready

I ended up averaging 30km/h on the bike course which I'm pleased about considering there was was 850 metres of climbing in total over 90km of distance. It's a beautiful course but a hard ride, the climbs are quite easy but some of the road surfaces are so rough I thought my bike was going to disintegrate. Riding rough surfaces in the TT position is very fatiguing as well.

I managed to pass my coach about halfway into the bike leg but I knew he'd catch me on the run. He passed me about halfway through the run. My total race time was just over 6 hours, about 1hr10min faster than last year and I felt a lot better throughout.

The weather started out very cold, I think it was 5 or 6C when the race started and the water temperature was officially 14.1 so my cold showers came in handy (long story). It took about 20 or 30km into the ride before I got the feeling back in my fingers, and another 20 or so after that for my toes. Despite my lack of good run training due to injury, I was able to push a fairly good pace at the start of the run and didn't fade too badly towards the end. It's amazing how much your pace can pick up during the last km.

My wife got some pics of me on her iphone but I won't get those from her until tonight or tomorrow. They had photographers at some good scenic spots on the course, here's a link.

<http://www.marathon-photos.com/scripts/event.py?event=Sports/RSNZ/2014/Challenge%20Wanaka&match=1134&name=David>

Cheers,
Dave