Thanks Stan.

So both the front and back edges of the plate interfere with the camera's baseplate sitting flat on the plate ?

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stanley Halpin" <s...@stans-photography.info>
Subject: Re: Baseplate

I just played a bit more with the RRS L-plate on the K-3.
It will take some Dremmel work to get a good tight fit.

The positioning of the tripod screw means that neither the front nor the back lip on the plate will fit around the base of the camera. The back edge is off by less than 1mm, the front right edge will take more work as the lip is a bigger chunk of metal, but what remains will help to secure the plate in position.

If you have access to a good machine shop, I would probably enlarge or relocate the hole for the attachment screw so as to avoid doing any trimming on the rear lip.

http://photos.stanhalpin.com/p155717848/e35d64301

stan