On 1/24/2014 8:06 AM, Mark Roberts wrote:
I'm just starting to get my photos from my trip to London sorted out.
I did a lot of experimenting with long exposures and/or multiple
exposures (some in-camera and some in Photoshop), both with and
without HDR processes. I'm trying to work time into my photographs
rather than capture a "decisive moment" like HCB.

This first shot was one that I planned for and which turned out even
better than I'd hoped. I set up in a tube station with the intention
of combining multiple show-shutter-speed shots of the people on the
platform with a train coming into the station. Lacking a tripod, I
braced the camera on something solid (I forget exactly what), zone
focused and waited for people to walk in front of the camera and for a
train to arrive. Unusually and unfortunately there were few people
coming through the station at that time but I did get two shots that I
thought would work well together. I combined both images in Photoshop,
converted to B&W (which took a lot of fiddling with the color sliders
to get looking "just right") and added some noise. Here's the result:

http://www.robertstech.com/temp/7de01316+19a.jpg
I quite dig it, Mark!

Love the sense of motion -- both in the oncoming train and the eerily vague human form.

Also, the reminder of Gerry Rafferty and this wonderful documentary I watched recently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55pNVKQLhiU&list=PL5285C364DEEBE01A&feature=share

or...

http://is.gd/idxiE0

-- Walt