I have an older Epson flatbed scanner and it did  a good job on slides. I
was quite happy with it. I still have it, but it's  packed up now and offhand
I don't know the model number.

The only problem  I had was dust. That's a problem with all scanners, I
guess. With a flatbed,  more. I was diligent with a micro fiber cloth and that
solved a lot of the  problems. Software can solve a lot of the rest. It came
with  VuScan.

Marnie aka Doe :-)

In a message dated 1/27/2014 9:49:19  P.M. Pacific Standard Time,