On Jan 30, 2014, at 7:22 AM, Bruce Walker <bruce.wal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think you did a pretty good job with the exposure, Larry, and it
> might be better done your way than HDR'ing it, unless you were very
> careful in post.

Thanks Bruce, also Attila, Ken and all who looked.

> However it has an unfortunate overall haze to it; possibly veiling
> flare? I wonder if HDR would have avoided that?

Or at least stacking.  While I ended up using something dark to block the lens
(black sleeve over my hand) , I didn’t do a good job of making sure that it was
in shadow, so there is slight reflection off of it.

> Great subject!

Thanks.  This is my second attempt.  A couple weeks ago I tried it without a
tripod, and that was a fail.