In the auto mode, the lens diaphragm stays open so the meter needle
wont move. And the K-mount cams have no mechanism to push the pin of SM
lens which causes the lens to stop down. So one has to always use them
in manual setting (ie stop down metering). This actually allowed me to
buy cheaply lenses with stuck auto-man switch or sticky diaphragm but
otherwise good for use on k-mount bodies as these dont matter :)