Dave, I think nowadays most slide shooters would mount only those which are
considered keepers, and then only if they are to be projected or sent to an
agency or other body that needed mounted submissions.  Having your slides 'cut
and sleeved' by a pro lab is the cheapest way to go for non-process-paid film
anyway. and is what I do myself.  It's amazing how ruthless one can be in
ditching the disasters when noy tempted to keep them just because they're
mounted!

For metering, if you are using TTL metering the effect of the extra extension
should be compensated for automatically.  The only thing you may need to add
additional compensation for would be reciprocity failure.  If you are using
external metering, a good set of reciprocity failure tables will be invaluable.

HTH

John Coyle
Brisbane, Australia