On 04/02/2014 9:09 AM, Charles Robinson wrote:

I was thinking the same thing: 1,000 photos over 5 years.  And do you
suppose she'd ever downloaded any of them to a computer?  "Nah, I'll
just keep them here on the camera so I can share them with people
when I meet them".  I don't get it....

It's how some people roll. When I was working in photo labs it was quite amazing how many people didn't empty their card onto a computer and would only take the card out of the camera when they had to put it into a kiosk to make prints for friends. It wasn't unusual to have a customer make prints so that they could delete the files to free up room on the card so that they could keep shooting, and were continuously deleting "bad" or older files to make room for new ones. Very few people are actually interested in this sort of stuff. Often I think they have better mental health. The people I truly wonder about are the ones who have their files backed up six ways from Sunday, like as if at some point in the future people will actually care about their boring pictures.

bill