On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 1:28 PM, Paul Stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
> I think some of Vivian Meyers images are nice, but many are very ordinary.

If you come across a photographer for whom this statement is NOT true,
please let us know. We are almost only ever aware of what the
photographer thinks of as their better work. The difference between
the great photographers and the ordinary is simply the ratio of "nice"
shots to "ordinary" (and most of us commoners probably aspire to
something like 1 in 20).

For the record, I find a very high percentage of the Vivian Maier's
images (that I have seen) are much more than ordinary, but it is quite
possible that her ratio of "nice" to "ordinary" was similar to that of
others (and given her prodigious output, maybe even worse).

--
Photographers must learn not to be ashamed to have their photographs
look like photographs.