Depending upon your needs you could easily use a K-30 to 6400 even
12800 if you weren't printing poster sized. I would use a k-30
comfortably to 3200 and could still make sizable prints from that. If
its all going to web you could even use 12800 and it would look great.
Same for 8x10s. I printed an 8x10 recently at 6400 and I have to look
pretty darn close to see the noise and that was with noise reduction
turned off in lightroom from when I processed the file. The noise also
looks semi-organic and is not displeasing. This is from a k-5, but I
am to understand that the k-30 has basically the same noise signature
for the most part and from what I've seen of jpegs when I used one, it
produces very clean looking files. I think you will find the k-30
amazing compared to a k-100d. The autofocus is a step up from a k-5
even from my experience. I still like the k-5 though.