I don't remember Lenovo being one of the Chinese vendors the IBM PC
Company used. When I was working there all of the Chinese vendors were
based in Taiwan.

IBM's home/consumer Aptiva line was sub-contracted to ACER. The IBM PC
(the commercial line) was still manufactured/assembled in the USA.

Lenovo acquired the right to use IBM's name on their PCs for 5 years
after they bought the PC Company in 2005. Expiration of those rights are
why Lenovo started putting their own name on their products.

IBM had great technology, but their marketing & business plans for the
PC Company sucked. There was always an inherent conflict between the PC
Company & IBM's core business - mainframes & services.

The PC Company always ended up as the red-headed step-child.