From: Christian Skofteland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:05:32 -0400
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Significant others and Pentax (was: pro or hobby)

My EX-wife never "allowed" me freedom or free time to pursue
photography so I
was languishing for several years in the mid nineties.  Now she is my
EX

My current wife supports and encourages me to have creative
outlets.  She is
my current subject (semi-willing) for my experimentation with
portraiture in
my low-budget home studio (basement).

She encouraged me to bid on a $700+ lens on eBay and was disappointed
when I
lost but happy when I won the "consolation prize" of another lens for
less
money 5 minutes later.

So, in response to your question, I have nothing to "manage" and have
no need
to sneak around to purchase lenses, etc.  I feel that I am one of the
lucky
ones.

Christian

On Thursday 11 April 2002 09:47, you wrote:
> Strictly hobby but by my wife's account the money I spend on my
photo stuff
> is "pro" quantity.
>
> How do you guys manage it?  I mean how are you able to buy all the
goodies
> and yet still be in good terms with
> the significant other?  For the single folks, how are you able to
do it and
> still have enough dough?
>
> Just wondering.  Didn't mean anything by this question.
> -
-
This message is from the Pentax-Discuss Mail List.  To unsubscribe,

---- End Original Message ----

Pentax User
Stouffville Ontario Canada
http://home.ca.inter.net/brooksdj