Thanks, Ken.  The reason the big icicles were at this location is
because this roof in not atop an attic.  this portion of the roof is
over and overhang, and further back over the garage.

In any event, the icicles came and left quickly, during a short period
of warmer weather an sunny skies.

Dan Matyola