On Wed, Mar 05, 2014 at 09:56:57AM +0100, Jan van Wijk wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> On Wed, 5 Mar 2014 11:21:51 +1100 Rob Studdert wrote:
> >

> That said, I am seriously considering getting the (Pentax) Flucard for
> tethering when available :)
> There is a nice demo of that on Youtube ...
>
> >for the moment but I have to keep using it because
> >the poor auto-focus system in the K5 just loses me so many images.
>
> Must agree there, I sold my K5 to my niece, who is struggling to start a
> photography business.
> I really liked the K5, but the K3 just beats it in about everything.
> (except for reliability perhaps, see above, but have no bad experiences yet)
> Flickr : jvw_pentax

The autofocus on my K5-II Is undoubtably the best autofocus that I've
ever used. So much so that it seems to be in a photographic equivalent
to the uncanny valley. The autofocus is now good enough that I'm annoyed
when it doesn't work properly, even in challenging conditions, rather than
pleasantly surprised when it does.

--
Larry Colen                  l...@red4est.com         http://red4est.com/lrc