Hi,

I'm not an engineer or electrician or in any way mechanical (or
electric), BUT, the electronic bits of an electronic shutter still
have to move the actual shutter mechanism itself, I'd have thought,
and they are presumably subject to wear and tear. I guess that the
electronic parts of the system reduce the number of mechanical
linkages, which just means fewer things to go wrong, and therefore
longer overall life for the system, but not eternal life. All
supposition of course. I also suppose some of the electrons would wear
out eventually too, and become free quarks and create a super-dense star,
but I'm not aware that that's happened to any cameras yet. Time will
tell.

---

 Bob

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]