On Mar 5, 2014, at 10:56 AM, Bob W-PDML wrote:

> That is true for me, and much of the temptation of such a camera is that you
> have no choice but to think in b&w if that's the camera you have with you,
> just as you had no choice if you were loaded with only Tri-X. And of course
> some people only ever shot b&w film, and as a matter of routine only produce
> b&w digital, so this camera would presumably appeal to that market, albeit a
> very small one.

As someone in that very small market (i.e., (almost) only ever shot b&w film,
and as a matter of routine (almost) only produce b&w digital), I have to say
that that camera doesn't appeal to me in the least. In my particular case (and
note that this isn't intended to imply *anything* about whether or not this is
a good camera for Bob), knowing that my camera is recording a color version of
a shot doesn't affect my ability to "think in B&W" in the least (at least as
far as I'm consciously aware). The knowledge that I will have extensive
creative options in the eventual B&W conversion is of huge importance to me. At
this point, I would never give that up for a relatively small increase in
sensitivity and resolution.

   - Marco