The Bald Eagle has been on the comeback everywhere in the US since they
banned DVD, and really coming back strong for the last decade or so. I
first saw a Bald Eagle in the wild here in North Carolina in the late 80s.

It was a rarity then, but since the turn of the century, I've seen them
several times a year.

Two years ago, I actually saw a wild Bald Eagle at Grandfather Mountain
during the Nature Photography Weekend. Of course I had the wrong lens,
was in the wrong position & set up for the wrong kind of photographs,
but it's still a thrill to just see one with nothing but a Mk1 eyeball.