The frozen gas hitting your focusing screen will spiderweb it. Hitting your mirror can remove the silver, On a sensor it probably won't do the glass cover plate a lot of good either.

That said, I've never had a problem using a name brand, that produces a relatively soft stream of gas. I prefer 3m because Sam's Club sells three packs for a considerable savings over what you'd pay for a similar product in most other stores. I've never had one of their cans expel the frozen gas if handled as directed. In fact it takes quite a bit of mishandling to get that to happen.

I've also used Falcon Dust Off, which was quite expensive, but the only game in town really for a long time. Never had a problem with them either. When I was using it to blow dust off negatives I had a few bargain brands spit frozen gas onto the negative.