On Mar 27, 2014, at 1:47 PM, Mark Roberts <postmas...@robertstech.com> wrote:

> Paul Stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> The teacher’s arm does seem to have been pasted on, but that could be an
>> illusion.
>> The  position of the arm juxtaposed against the cloak makes it appear to be
>> unnatural. The teacher could have long arms, and the second layer of very
>> loose
>> fitting clothing might disguise the position of his arm. His left arm would
>> also
>> have to be bent at the elbow, making it appear to be shorter than the right
>> arm.
>> So it might be kosher. Although I’d have to say it’s probably a bad fake.
>> But difficult to prove.
>
> Look at the magnified crop below the main picture. The sleeve is
> clearly a different material than the rest of the outer garment. Could
> be a different garment under a cloak? Nope, because it extends outside
> the cloak (or whatever it is) at bottom left.

Look at this magnified, brightened and sharpened crop of the magnified crop:-).
http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=17719831&size=lg
The inter garment appears to be merely protruding from the outer garment, and
there is a suggestion of the inner garment material behind the left hand as
well. While it may very iell be a fake there doesn’t appear to be definitive
evidence here.  Perhaps more telling than the material of the garment on the
arm is the bit of blur where it intersects the outer garment and the overlap of
the light colored material. But none of that is positive proof of fakery..
Powerful suggestion, yes, but not posit proof. An examination of the high-res
version may be much more revealing of course.

Paul