Last night I updated the firmware in my brand new K-30 to version 1.06. (It originally had version 1.00.)

I thought the update went smoothly, but I later noticed I no longer had a manual mode on the camera! Instead, the camera was operating in TAv mode whenever I selected the "M" option on the mode dial. Fortunately, the K-30 has 2 user-defined modes. I programmed one of those to be my new manual mode. That will work for now, but this isn't reassuring behavior for a new camera that just arrived 2 days ago. I'll be contacting Pentax on Monday, to see what they have to say.

Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them?

Is there any sort of undocumented "reset" procedure for the K-30?

Thanks,
Glen