Larry, this is multi-system flash (it has a set of switches on the
back that determine which protocol it would use) that support TTL (not
P-TTL) and has its own light meter so that it can work autonomously as
far as impulse power goes. It has two settings (IIRC) that determine
the auto mode operation. Also it has set of color filters. It swivels
and tilts. Before sending it to Stan, I checked it and the flash
fired.

I don't remember exactly, but I used it with K10D and/or K-7. I think
that when I got K-5, I already had Metz SCA system flash that was
replaced with Metz AF 50-1 not long ago. It is therefore logical to
assume that in terms of discharge current/voltage it is safe for
modern Pentax cameras.

Oh, and by the way, the above is for general consumption :-).

--
Boris