Interesting collection indeed... Strokes of Childhood - are those street cleaners? Dogulyalsya is probably my favorite.

On 4/6/2014 8:52 PM, Igor Roshchin wrote:

I thought some PDMLers would find it interesting:
I came across this set of old photographs from the Soviet Union from
40s-70s.

One photo is NSFW for some work environments.
("The birth of [hu]man")

The page with Google-Translated captions:
http://goo.gl/T1bvyo

The original page is here:
http://www.adme.ru/illustration-and-photography/40-genialnyh-sovetskih-fotografij-660805/

Cheers,

Igor

PS.
A few corrections for the caption translations and comments:

1. For the car enthusiasts:
New "The Cossacks." should be
``New "Zaporozhets' ''
("Zaporozhets" is a make of the cheapest and smallest mass-produced
car in the Soviet Union. It was exported to some "Eastern Bloc" countries,
and presumably only German (GDR) Trabant was worse.
http://content.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1658545_1658533_1658030,00.html

2. Last photo, the newspaper article title says
"Who will be the new owner of the dating service?"
And that's the photo caption.

3. The second to the last photo:
"Dogulyalsya" - Google failed to translate.
Ghm... very loosely: "finally... after playing outdoors".

4. In the 3rd from the beginning of the set (not counting the top one),
the note says: "I need a ticket to Richter" (performance of Franz
Richter's pieces).