On 7 Apr 2014, at 17:51, "John Francis" <jo...@panix.com> wrote:

> From today's Guardian:
>
> http://www.theguardian.com/cities/gallery/2014/apr/07/classic-album-covers-in-google-street-view-in-picture

That's quite interesting to see. It amazes me how much of a cultural reference
point the Abbey Road picture has become. I guess it's at least partly because
of the apparent simplicity and spontaneity of the composition.

Even now, there are 2 current billboard adverts over here that play on the
composition.

http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/thework/1286044/

I can't remember what the other one is - I remember the ad because of the
cultural reference, but not the product. Hmm, not such a good idea, creative
person.

It's a very unremarkable crossing. In the 80s I lived fairly near there and
used to drive over the crossing most days. It was quite a long time after I
moved there before I realised what I was driving over.

http://www.abbeyroad.com/Crossing