Thanks, Steve!

Jack

----- Original Message -----
From: "steve harley" <p...@paper-ape.com>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2014 9:10:34 AM
Subject: Re: PDML folder

on 2014-04-10 13:41 jdavi...@comcast.net wrote
> I changes my email account from Yahoo to Comcast and find it's been so long
> since I set up a PDML folder, I've forgotten how it's done.
> Would someone please give me a quick tutorial off list? jdavi...@comcast.com

(on-list since the general answer could be helpful to others)

how to filter your email into different folders, or mailboxes, depends on your
provider and what you use to read your email; your specific provider may have
filters that can be applied at the server side, which is the only way to do it
for webmail and for most smartphone or tablet apps; to set up such filters
you'll need to find your provider's help files, or just take a stab at finding
the tools in the web interface

if you read email via a desktop app, server-side filters work well for IMAP,
but less so for POP; most desktop apps also have their own filtering tools, but
the instructions depend on the app

in most cases the word "filter" is used, so you can hunt for that in the
interface or use that word in a google search, e.g. "comcast webmail filters"