I'm having no problems with roadrunner tonight
but then, I'm nyc.rr

ann

On 4/11/2014 22:49, jsessoms...@nc.rr.com wrote:
Looks like their SMTP server is FUBAR

Problems with RoadRunner email.
Sending of message failed.
An error occurred sending mail: SMTP server smtp-server.nc.rr.com is unknown.
The server may be incorrectly configured. Please verify that your SMTP server
settings are correct and try again.

My server settings are correct and the same as they've always been. Started
getting this at about 4:00pm I think. I haven't been able to send email from
Thunderbird since then.

Pinging the server either returns:
1. Request timed out
2. Ping request could not find host smtp-server.nc.rr.com
3. Reply from xx.xxx.xxx.xxx: Destination net unreachable (The IP address is in
the same block as their POP server)

Their customer support web pages don't seem to be reachable either.
IF Time Warner has an IMAP server, I can't find anything about it.