Quoting Darren Addy <pixelsmi...@gmail.com>:

I haven't looked into the ebay selling values of the K20D, but it
doesn't surprise me that the K10D might be bringing more these days.
We tend to think in terms of age and what Pentax marketing pushed at
us, and the K20D was considered a flagship upgrade. But it was also
Pentax leaving the Sony sensor world (Remember, the K10D was a Sony
CCD) and entering the Samsung CMOS world with the K200D and the K20D.
Pentax didn't stay there very long and went back to the new Sony
sensor with the A/D processor each sensor column with the K-x and
never went back.

A minor point. I think you'll find the K200D had the same Sony CCD as the K10D but in a lower-spec body. AFIK, the only Pentax DSLRs with Samsung sensors were the K20D and K-7.

Cheers

Brian

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia
http://lyons-ryan.org/southernlight/

I might surprise you to know that right now, today, the K10D is the
4th most popular camera, in terms of photos uploaded, to Flickr. (The
K-3 is not yet on the list, so the K10D is possibly 5th). But there
are 104 average daily users. The K20D has 86 average users and is 8th
(at worst 9th).

Only the K-x, the K-30, and the K-5 have more daily users uploading to Flickr.

Stephen Migol is still doing great astrophotography with the K10D and,
looking at his other equipment, I'm sure he could upgrade if he wanted
to:
http://www.astrobin.com/users/smigol/

In short, I think the laws of supply & demand might make the K10D as
popular, or more, than the later K20D - even though it is older and
fewer megapixels.