I shot a couple in the same series, ans it appears to be a toenail on my sensor.

On 4/21/2014 4:23 PM, Daniel J. Matyola wrote:
What caught my eye is not a highlight but a ")" shape, slightly darker
than the distant background, hanging in mid air to the left of the
vertical branch, about a third of the way from the bottom of the
frame.

Or perhaps it's just one of my floaters.  <G>

Dan Matyola