Thanks Daniel & Bob for the comments (and to all who looked).

Today was beautiful and tomorrow is supposed to be a carbon copy
weather-wise, so I think I will try to image the sun through the ED80T
CF imaging scope. It will be interesting to compare it's ease of use
and optics to the Bigma for solar work. The focal length is similar
(480mm f/6). So look for another couple of images in this thread
tomorrow, if all goes as planned.

--
Photographers must learn not to be ashamed to have their photographs
look like photographs.