For those of you who are planning on attending and anyone who thinks they
might be able to make it, here's the schedule for this year's event.  If you
haven't already notified me that you are coming, please do so ASAP. We need
a fairly accurate account to determine the amount of food(pizza)/drink(beer
and sodas) to provide.  The PDML'ers will need to turn their film in at
1:00pm instead of 2:00.  Our Pentax rep has graciously accepted to meet with
us beginning at 1:15 at the cabin in the picnic area. He will gladly answer
any questions that he is able to or permitted to, and will probably have
some neat door prizes for those PDML'ers in attendance.

And yes, that is our own Mark Roberts giving the presentation on Sunday
morning.

Bill  KG4LOV
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Friday, May 31
    3:00 - 7:00pm   Check In and Registration at Grandfather Mountain
office.   Pick up free roll of     film and begin making photographs for
contest.
    7:30pm - Welcome - Don Nelson, Hugh Morton and TEAM intros in Museum
Theater.
    8:00pm - Dr. William A. Bake, Mountain Photographer Extraordinaire

Saturday, June 1st
    5:30am - Entrance open for sunrise
    8:30-10:00am - Registration for stragglers at Grandfather Mountain
offices
    2pm - Contest film turn in deadline at Museum gift shop.   Special
registration film bag                          with assigned competition
number must be turned in with film.
    3:30pm to 5:00pm - Book signings, Museum lobby
    5:30pm - Supper in Museum restaurant
    7:00pm - Bill Fortney, America from 500 Feet

Sunday, June 2nd
    5:30am - Entrance open for sunrise photos
    8:00am - Pick up processed slides, Museum restaurant
    9:00am - Turn in deadline for contest entries.  Competition categories
include Wildflower,     Scenic, Animals in Nature and Animals in Habitats.
    9:15am - Eye opener
    9:30am - 11:00 am Mark Roberts, A primer on digital imaging
    11:30am (approx.) - Awards
    12:15pm (approx.) - Pickup non-winning slides

For more information please contact Grandfather Mountain office at
828-733-2013.
To pre-register before May 20 send name, address, and check for $50 to:
 Grandfather Mountain, PO Box 129, Linville, NC 28646