The U.S. set a record this year for the latest tornado fatality (at
least going back to 1916). Tornado alley wasn't populated by many
prior to that time, but technically May 5, 1915 and May 6, 1900 hold
the records kept since 1880). Source:
http://www.weather.com/safety/tornadoes/no-tornado-deaths-safety-streak-record-20140420

Condolences to the friends and family of those who lost their lives in
today/tonight's outbreak. Mayflower, Arkansas appears to have taken
the most crushing hit of the day.

Nebraska's storms were nothing by comparison. I had a decently
successful solo chase. I picked the right storm and then stayed on it
for approximately 65 miles and it rewarded me with some nice moments.
Video of what appears (to me) to be a tornado trying to form west of
York, NE. My last still shot shows that it may in fact have reached
the ground. But I think this would otherwise classify as a "rotating
wall cloud". About 20 miles north of this, on rural roads, I got a
brief look at the "elephant trunk" tornado. (The storm was
Tornado-Warned for approx. 40 minutes).

http://youtu.be/wmVFeSiSfgE

Apologies for the in/out focus on some of the video. It was a borrowed
camera and I really need to read the manual. :\

Stills coming.
--
Photographers must learn not to be ashamed to have their photographs
look like photographs.