Mick wrote:

>Does anybody know of a US distributor for Berlebach? I am told Calumet are
>the importers but their web-site yields pretty much nothing

Can you not order it directly from Berlebach? I've done so twice and they
are excellent to deal with. Accidentally, I ordered my first tripod from
them with wrong fastening screw diametre (not that the tripod come with
1/4" screw as standard. make sure when ordering if you want 3/8" or
larger). They sent me an adapter free of charge. No big deal - not an
expensive item, but still. The second tripod, the 9013, they sent to me
directly without demanding money up front; they just included a bill (which
I of course paid). Shipping cost wasn't that high either but then I'm on
the same continent as they are.

I'm now in the position that I would not even consider another tripod but a
Berlebach. The 9013 is a great all rounder; It weights about the same as a
Manfrotto 055. However, you don't need a tripod that go that high, a 8013
might be a better choice.

Pål