i had the fortune of shooting with someone knowledgeable about hummingbird
behavior.  I found that the best way to get a good shot is to know where they
are going to come and sit in wait.  We were in Golden Gate Park in San
Francisco and there is a certain type of flower that replenishes nectar about
every 15-30 minutes.  The hummingbirds come back over and over again so you can
get somewhat positioned.  Even with that it is  hard to get a good shot.

This shot was with a K10 and A70-210/4 lens.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/101434682@N06/14099316245/in/set-72157635419000680

--
Bruce

Sent from my iPad