on 2014-05-05 10:09 Darren Addy wrote
I suppose if someone wants to burn their piano that is their right.
But I surely hope that it didn't have real ivory on the white keys and
that the black keys weren't real ebony. That's some pretty precious
material to be burning up, particularly to a maker of musical
instruments like guitars.

one of my many complaints about the crackheads who lived next door a few years back was their habit of processing their scrapper finds in the wee hours; in the dark of one morning they set about dismantling a piano for the iron frame; from the sound of it their only tool was a sledgehammer …