Thanks for sharing this array of really nice shots. Well done, Boris!

Jack

----- Original Message -----
From: "Boris Liberman" <bori...@gmail.com>
To: "PDML" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Tuesday, May 6, 2014 11:29:35 AM
Subject: Yestertech, Independence Day and a GESO

Hi!

We've been celebrating 66th birthday of State of Israel yesterday and
today... The general idea is to have huge public gathering in the
evening and then do some leisurely traveling on the next day... At least
this is what we've been up to:

25 photos after this link:

https://plus.google.com/photos/113576253192569605159/albums/6010170504823672689

For evening stuff I've taken my K-5, FA 50/1.4, set the AF to the
central point and used the technique that Stan shared with me during his
visit - AF set to AF-C, AF button controls AF but shutter button
controls just shutter... Most of the shots are at f/2.0 and it seems to
me it was really just fine... No need for anything fancier, really...

The next day photos are taken with Ricoh GXR-M and Nokton 40/1.4... The
light was rather so-so - we had our first +40C days and today was the
breaking day... Even some rain with sand...

Cheers!

Boris