Weird masking color on that film (almost a brown tone)...

I tried it too for the economics of it all, but the color quality didn't meet my standards.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Charles Robinson" <charl...@visi.com>
Subject: Re: OT: Google let me down ... and a PESO

On May 2, 2014, at 14:08 , John <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

Among the surviving materials is a box of slides from Dale Laboratories.
Dale used to advertise in the back of Popular Photography & Shutterbug
that you could send them your regular color negative film & they'd send
back prints, negatives *and slides*.

I've been trying to figure out what kind of film process Dale used to
produce the slides. I think what they did was expose the negatives onto
film that was made for motion picture prints (i.e. the film that went
through the projector in the theater).

What you're thinking of there is the venerable "5247" film stock.

A good way to cheaply get prints and slides from tail-end movie-stock film.

It doesn't look like Dale's does it that way - at least not anymore!

I ran a few rolls of this stuff through my cameras back in the late 70's, early 80's. Weird masking color on that film (almost a brown tone)...

I kinda like that shot -  moody and contrasty.

-Charles

--
Charles Robinson - charl...@visi.com
Minneapolis, MN