I came to owning a computer of my own kind of late. The first one I got
had a 40 MB hard-disk.

On 5/10/2014 7:23 AM, Daniel J. Matyola wrote:
My first computer had no hard drive or floppy drive.  It was an
original Apple ][.  No monitor either, but it plugged into the TV, and
output UPPER CASE only!  When I turned it off, everything I had done
vanished.  After a while, I plugged in a CASSETTE tape recorder, so I
could save programs I was writing.  It was cumbersome, very, very,
very slow, and very, very very unreliable.

Of course, soon I acquired a 5 in floppy drive.  Then, a monitor.
Then, a lower case card.  Then extra RAM.  Then another floppy.  Then
a sound card.

The rest is history.  Expensive history.

Dan Matyola