Thanks Jack.
I think you are right about the focus. I prefocused, but on the wrong target
given the narrow DOF at 25 foot range with a 300mm. Re-selected the focus point
once I had a bird on the feeder, but I was working without tripod, braced
sortta against a wall, he had set the feeder rocking…This is a half-way decent
shot which shows a beautifully-colored bird. It is not Art nor an Audubon
portrait. I’ll keep working it until I can get the focus part of it right as
well.

stan