I have been looking forward to buying the Sigma 300 f4 for months now. I
finally made up my mind to get it and then found out that Sigma to not
distribute the lens (for Pentax mount) in Canada. I must I looked at Canon
in the store but I do have 3 Pentax bodies.

I was wondering what others would suggest. I fell for the Sigma because of
price, performance and most of all the close focusing. Although I have an
80-320, I want something a little better to which I could add a 1.4
converter (or even, dare I say it, a 2x) for wildlife (my use not theirs
Jerry).

Should I order the lens from say B&H across the border (I have never done
this with a lens before) or maybe look at the Pentax? It is a little slower,
does not close focus and has no tripod mount. It would also color clash with
my PZ1p! Or perhaps a long Sigma zoom is the way to go? Arrgh - help.

Nick

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a name of
winmail.dat]