On 5/27/2014 6:52 PM, Bob W-PDML wrote:
On 27 May 2014, at 23:25, "Brian Walters" <apathy...@lyons-ryan.org>
wrote:

Quoting Bob W-PDML <p...@web-options.com>:

On 27 May 2014, at 01:27, "Brian Walters"
<apathy...@lyons-ryan.org> wrote:

Quoting Bob W <p...@web-options.com>:

Prince Albert's Bearded Pigeon,

Pics or it doesn't exist.

Here is a picture of Prince Albert looking through his album of
pigeon watercolours.

The bearded pigeon has just flown off - clearly impatient with the
daguerrotypist - as the woman who is making sure Albert remains
immobile watches on helplessly and with no sense of irony:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0d/Queen_Victoria_and_Prince_Albert_1854.jpg

 I assume from the filename that the pigeon was called 'Queen
Victoria'. Probably named after the pub where it was conceived, as
was the fashion in those days.

Here's a shot of the bird itself.

http://www.pigeonmad.com/images/general/768px-Jacobin_Pigeon.jpg

This particular one is politically revolutionary, supporting a
Republican government with decisions made at the national level, so
sadly never made it into the Royal loft.

Cheers, Pig 'n' Whistle

Good to see that they let him out of his can once in a while.