Wow! What a large response to the work-in-progress. :-)

Many thanks to all who looked and responded!

The pluraty of the well explained opinions helped me seeing how
different people see these images.
Special thanks to J.C.O. for the nice idea of reframing.

It is interesting that a group of mostly-non-photographers chose
"#3 hands down".

In the end, I decided to use these two images:
http://42graphy.org/galleries/2014-victoria-flowers/_IR07928.html
http://42graphy.org/galleries/2014-victoria-flowers/_IR07931.html

Igor