A sad scene Dan. Jersey diners are a great heritage for New Jersey and its sad to see their numbers lessen. We have a few here in Michigan but you don't see many diners like them around the country & believe me I've looked for them on my trips.

A great book on Jersey diners is 'Jersey Diners' by Peter Genouese in case you're not aware.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel J. Matyola" <danmaty...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: PESO: Investment Opportunity

Thanks, Igor.

This image is greatly troubling to me.  As you may know, I am a fan of
classic Jersey diners.

This building was the Whitehouse Diner, quite a popular establishment
in its day.  Legend has it that, decades ago, the owner had an
argument with a patron, lost his temper, grabbed a cleaver and chased
everyone out of what had been a packed diner.  He locked it up, and
never returned, and it has been in a state of decay ever since.

Its condition has gotten a lot worse over the severe weather of this
past winter,  This is my original blog post about this structure:

http://djmatyola.com/lbdinerdan/the-abandoned-whitehouse-diner

A few years back, the sign was in good enough shape that I used it as
the symbol for my dine blog:

http://djmatyola.com/lbdinerdan/exploring-diners

Thanks for looking and commenting, Igor.

Dan Matyola