I will say this, "Time Warner spokesman Michael Pedelty" is full of shit!

It did affect outgoing email as well as incoming. How are you going to
send email if you can't log into the email server?

No problems with my new Earthlink account so far (knock wood) & I did
finally manage to log into the roadrunner webmail server Saturday
night. I set my Time Warner account to forward to my new earthlink
account & that seems to be working as well ... which is good because I
haven't been able to get back into my Time Warner account since then.