The day I got a Mac mini I started looking at upgrade options. I found a
place called ifixit.com that has a lot of guides & tutorials.

Replacing the hard-drive on the Mac mini looks to be a real bear. If I
was going to attempt it, I'd want to go ahead and add the second drive
at the same time so I didn't have to go in there twice.

Adding RAM doesn't appear to be too much of a challenge though.