Barry - I can’t give you specific detailed comments on the two Pentax lenses.
But I have never heard anybody complain about the image quality from any Pentax
macro- that has always seemed to be a particular niche for them. Using them in
AF mode is a challenge, they will tend to be slower than most non-macro lenses.
But macros are mostly about manual focus anyway.

I have the 100 DFA. I tend to use either the 35mm or 200mm macros and seldom
pull out the 100mm, but have no hesitation using it when that focal length is
called for.

I am quite surprised to see the Amazon pricing on the two Pentax lenses. I
would have expected the newer WR lens to be the same or more than the D FA; the
Amazon links show the WR to be a couple hundred $ less? Now you’ve got me
thinking… I may sell the DFA and switch to the WR. I quite like having the WR
capability.

stan