on 2014-06-18 16:55 Larry Colen wrote
The other problem, which is something that I had forgotten about is that you
cannot daisy chain the monitors, so my hopes of having three monitors at home
have been dashed.  I’ve heard rumors of daisy chaining monitor, drive, monitor
working to get multiple monitors, but I don’t have a thunderbolt drive to test
with.

you can daisy chain, but they have to both be Thunderbolt displays:

<http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5219?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US#18>

If they ever make this with a 15” display it’d be damn near a must have.

i understand these panels are really iPad Retina displays, possibly seconds from iPad production, which explains the specific size and resolution; i suppose there are dis-integrated 15" Retina MacBook Pro displays out there somewhere