I'm horrible at leaving compositions loose. Editors would despise me.
I like to compose right up to the edges of the frame, which is why I
love the 100% coverage on the pentax viewfinders. I rarely ever crop
unless it is to tighten up my comp or remove something distracting
along and edge I somehow missed. Sometimes you can save a boring
picture by cropping it down and making it a bit more interesting, but
repeat after me: crop is a 4 letter word.