Most accurate is to wet the white balance manually with a grey card. That was
required when I was sooting virtual tours for real estate companies. Now I
usually shoot AWB when I’m just playing around, but if there’s a neutral
element in the scene I’ll set it with the eyedropper in conversion. (When
shooting cars, most tires work well, since they’re actually a deep grey.)