I got inspired to try some macros on film with the 6x7 yesterday - finally using a set of extension rings I ought quite a while ago. I was getting everything set up to get a snap of a zinnia but when I reached for the camera a felt a slight tug and looked down to see that the cable had caught on the edge of a yard chair and it and part of the shutter button were there, while the camera was in my hand... Ack!

I have the part of the button that the cable was attached to and also the lock/unlock switch. Does anyone know if there is another piece that goes on the inside to hold it all together? I am thinking of sending it to Eric but I doubt that there are parts available anymore. I looked, but could not find anything else - this happened on my back patio, which is landscape brick, so if there is a part it should be findable. I can't find a schematic on the internet for this part...

I can fire the shutter still by poking a small screwdriver into the hole where the button used to be, but I hate to see a thing of beauty hobbled like this....

Mark