Zos Xavius wrote:

>From what I've heard the 6x7 lenses were superb and supposedly better
>than the zeiss lenses hassy used on the V series and also better than
>the 645 lenses.

Most medium format lenses are much lower in absolute resolution than
35mm lenses. They don't need to be as good because they cover a much
larger film (or sensor) area and thus yield equal size prints with
much lower magnification and thus obtain very high print resolution
without the need for the MTF numbers required of 35mm lenses.
Interestingly, one of the exceptions to this is the Pentax 645
35mm/3.5 lens: It's reportedly superb even by 35mm standards and in
the early days of full-frame digital there was a small business in
Nikon-to-P645 and Canon-to-P645 adapters for people who wanted to use
this lens (I think Zorki or someone also made a shift or tilt/shift
adapter to take advantage of the medium format lens' large image
circle).

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com